December 9, 2011

Tim Tags Day 8



the tag today was great but I saw the watch cases at the bottom of the post and knew I needed to do a Polar Express themed tag.



I used the watch faces embossing folder and embossed the tag. then swiped versamark ink over just the raised surface and used white embossing enamel. heat set and then inked with Distress inks in faded denim, chipped sapphire covering the entire tag. then came back with black soot just around the edges which actually just darkens the sapphire to a deep navy. I was wanting to replicate the dark snowy backdrop from most of the movie. Inside the pocket watch case is a watchface set to midnight (when Santa leaves the North Pole) and a silver globe (earth) as well as a snowflake. There is even a tiny little brass tag with the word "express" stamped in it. (a vintage find I have had since 2001!) The vintage "admit one" tag is sprayed with gold shimmer to replicate the gold ticket for the Polar Express.


1 comment:

  1. ok I dont know Polar express but this is just amazing!!!! I love the pocket watch and snow. You just continue to make "other tags" look inferior. LOL!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...