December 19, 2008

Winter Wonderland!


DH and I went out to the park down the street to get some pics today of all the snow we've had. My PC says it's 10 degrees right now outside at 9pm!! Brrrrrrr!

Hit a local antique shop and picked up a few vintage Xmas goodies! I almost got two sets of these tulip Christmas lights but I had the clerk check them and only one lit :( I was glad to get even one though! I had forgotten about them until just a week ago when I was looking for tin light bulb reflectors.














Funny story about these reflector ornaments. I was over at my grandparent's house on Monday celebrating early because my grandma was scheduled for a quadruple bypass today (she's Ok though I just called the hospital to check on her!) Anyway I made a comment to my grandpa that his reflector ornaments look brand new! like they just came out of the box!! His reply!? "they did!" First I was shocked that he still had the boxes but I am not kidding these ornaments look like they have never seen the light of day. It's hard to tell in the pictures but trust me. they looked they they were just manufactured this year!

So while I was at the antique shop I found a few boxes of ornaments that still were wrapped in the factory tissue. they had NEVER been used. they looked about 20 years older than my grandpa's! I didn't get them but found some other reflectors for a steal! so pretty but someday I hope to get my grandpa's!
















a couple other cuties I brought home!

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful picture, that would be gorgeous framed. I love those ornaments, LOVE THEM.

    Merry Christmas.

    Cece

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to agree, love the ornaments too.

    Glad to hear grandma is doing well.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...