December 10, 2009

Tag 10

Tim's tag

Mine



Instead of putting the ink directly on the foil with the pens I used a pen ONLY as a you would an H2O brush. a light wash of black to the background just to give it a slight pewter look and then dabbed black lightly over the surface like you'd see on a vintage mercury glass ornament. do this with the alcohol inks so that if you use too much you can erase it with blending solution.

tops of letters got a snow effect of Frosted Lace stickles and iridescent "buffalo" type snow.

I like mine *much* better than Tim's LOL! actually I almost skipped this tag but promised myself to do all 12 this year. there were a few nights I wanted to throw in the towel too! Now, I'm sad there are only two left!

3 comments:

  1. Awesome tags! Do you just have all this stuff on hand? Or are you runnin' to the store everyday? :)
    Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL I was good till about day 5 I think...then the shopping went a little nuts. I've been to 3 craft stores so far.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your tags look great. Are you going to do the last 2??

    I loved doing his tags. Learned quite a few new techniques.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...