November 29, 2008

Bringin' back the love!

...and it's been a long time coming!! I know I am not the average kit club consumer so finding one I wanted to subscribe to was even more frustrating than most. I designed & helped design kits for years for a fairly popular kit club. It always had great NSBR findings in it that made it be a little out of the ordinary from what you could find in even a *good* LSS. Including a lot of custom made items. It was going to take a lot to impress me. It's been a couple years now I think and I finally found a club. I'm afraid to mention the name because it's new and as I know from watching the club frenzy spread over the years, when kit clubs grow, they loose a lot of charm that can only be produced in smaller quantities.

BUT!, kudos are due because I actually pulled out this kit within a day or two of it arriving and created. That in and of itself is a miracle any day of the year let alone so close to the holidays, and with a short amount of time with DH home.

So check it out. The owner deserves much thanks from me! I hope the vintage flair that is Kenner Road continues for a long time!









Can he possibly *BE* any cuter??!!!! I got a vintage version of him but if you have kids you MUST go to Elf on the Shelf and order one and the book. I'm just in love with this little guy.



Now for the goodies!
"24" is made of vintage gas station sign numbers! these were so fun!
Vintage player piano roll This was fun to use and I saved a TON off the roll to use for other projects! (I loved this because I recall playing one of them at the nursing home my mom worked at on weekends as an activites director. I used to go in with her when she worked on Saturdays occasionally and play with it in the dining room.)

Little deer these were cute Dennison labels in the add-on selection this month (boy I got some great finds in there! (It paid to set the kitchen timer to go off at 9pm!)I remember the vintage foil balls growing up but ours didn't have the great pinked edges on them. My Mom had a ceramic tree that these Birds fit into, I think she had light bulbs too. I also got some of the reflectors! I just got a Dept 56 tinsel wreath from Urban Outfitters last week and I think I am going to have to save my tin foil balls and reflecftors for it! they will be PERFECT!

2 comments:

  1. That is sooooo cute!!! I love all the details, especially the little elf sitting on top!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok this is FANTASTIC!!! I love that elf! I want one bad. We had those elfs holding their knees when I was little. The whole thing is fantastic but the little reindeer is one of my favorite bits.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...