June 25, 2010

Tim Holtz embossing folders & More Cricut cuts!

I've been so excited to use these folders. They really are some of my favorite tools already but the Tim Holtz ones are a great addition to the more "cute" Cuttlebug folders I already own. It came in handy pretty quick too with Father's Day last weekend.



With this card I used the Patchwork embossing folder on Grunge Paper (which was not what I expected it to be. it's thicker than CS, more like a thin chipboard). I ran it through my Sizzix to emboss the grunge paper. Then I inked each patch a different color using Distress ink and a Colorbox Blending Stylus (this tool offers more precision that the Ranger one). Once each patch was colored I used a direct to paper method and applied the black ink right over the top of the raised embossing. This made all the borders and images pop.

The Father's Day diecut letters were from Cricut Wild Cart Cartridge. It was just a single solid image originally. I cut it once in the blue and once in the red and then cut the words apart. Then foam tape stacked them for depth.

My Dad is really into his modified Harley trike right now so it needed a motorcycle charm. Of course a happy coincidence was the clock hand/arrow, Dad immediately saw it as a "gauge" *of course*. LOL



On the inside of the card I used the notebook paper Cricut cut from Graphically Speaking and embossed it in a random fashion using the Tim Holtz Notebook paper embossing folder. To do this I placed the diecut into the embossing folder and tapped on the folder to emboss the images where I wanted texture. This left the center of the notebook paper flat to make it easier to write a message.

8 comments:

  1. WOW!!!!!!!!! This is my fave card ever from you. Seriously. I have to have that grungepaper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy cow! That is a waaaaaaay cool card! I need details as to how you did this...and soon. :) your work is always so awesome and inspiring! Now go make more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great masculine card, Heidi! Love how you adapted the notebook folder on the inside, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very very cool card. Love all that you did to it. It looks awesome!

    Brandy Baucom

    ReplyDelete
  5. AWESOME card! I LOVE how you did the inside!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such an awesome card design with that TH folder! Love the colors you used for this and the distressed appearance... fabulous!

    PS... I've enjoyed looking through your blog. I found you over on the Cricut forums!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i love it! I have the embossing folder and now I can't wait to use it! thanks for sharing your technique, because it looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card ! Love the technique with the TH notebook folder. Gotta try that !

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...